If you qualify for VAT exemption on items that are necessary to help you manage your disability, all you need to do is create an account with Blue Badge Co to purchase products like Permit Holders, RADAR Keys and Walking Sticks without the tax.
How do I do it?
We've put together a simple how to guide that will take you through the process step by step:
- On the Blue Badge homepage, look for the 'Login/Signup' button - it's towards the top right, just next to the search bar
- Once you've clicked that button, you'll be taken to the login screen. Find the text that says 'New customer?' and click on 'Create your account', which is highlighted in blue
- Then there's a screen to fill in your details: name, email and password. Be sure to choose a password that you'll remember!
- Now, click the small box next to the sentence that says 'Are you disabled or purchasing an item for someone who is disabled?'
- A new box will appear saying 'Please select condition' alongside a down arrow which looks like this: 'V'
- Click on the arrow to see a list of possible disabilities. Select the one that describes your condition or select 'other'
- Finish off by clicking the big blue button that says 'CREATE MY ACCOUNT'
You are now registered as a VAT exempt customer. You should automatically see all qualifying items with the VAT exempt price, just be sure to login to your account every time you make a purchase. When there are two prices available, 'VAT included' or 'VAT exempt', remember to select exempt.
If you encounter any difficulties, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org