We believe that businesses have a responsibility to be good for society and the environment. We are continuously striving to go greener with everything we do.
Each step taken in the process is important, whether small or big. We champion the use of environmentally friendly materials and methods.
Here are few things we do to ensure we operate as sustainably as possible, minimising our environmental impact.
Made to Last
We’re not big on trends. Our products are made to last; designed and made slowly with love and care, not mass produced in a factory in the Far East. Combining craftsmanship with enduring style, our designs are made to stand the test of time.
Britain is Great
The provenance of our products is of great importance to us. We have a fully integrated business and are proudly a British manufacturer. We support small-scale and traditional industries, creating jobs in the UK and building a talented work force by investing in skills.
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle! Here at Blue Badge we do everything we can to recycle any wastage.
- Our packaging is made from recycled and biodegradable materials wherever possible.
- Our fabrics are free from harmful chemicals that damage the environment.
- No fabric is wasted – ends of rolls, surplus and remnant packs are donated a local charity (Scrapstore!).
- We never use paper coffee cups or plastic water cups. Re-usable water bottles and cups are always encouraged.
- Our workroom is fitted with LED lightbulbs and we use energy saving settings on computers.
- Over two thirds of our workforce either walk or cycle to work with no emissions.
Waste not, want not
We produce our collections in small batches. Our low-waste, just-in-time approach to manufacturing means that we avoid making more than is needed, thus leading to less waste.
Think global, be local
Our due diligence to choosing suppliers focuses on ethical choices that support local businesses or companies whose sustainability policy is inline with ours. We work with UK suppliers wherever possible, many who are based within a 10 miles radius.