Accessible Easter Breaks: Top Tips & Products
Spring is in the air! Flowers are blooming and there’s even been a few days of sunshine! Some of us are itching to get out in the garden and others are keen to get away for a few days and why not?
But where to go to feed the travel bug? And is there anywhere with disabled access and proper wheelchair user accommodation?
Never fear, Blue Badge Co have put together a list of companies devoted to helping you find places to suit your needs. From day trips and weekend breaks in the UK to holidays abroad and outdoor adventures, there’s something for everyone!
Plus we have 5 Blue Badge Co accessories to add a little luxury to your trip!
Top 5 Blue Badge Co Travel Accessories
1. We all like a lie-in on holiday now and then so don't lose sleep over the brighter mornings, our soothing lavender, padded Eyemask will keep out the light as long as you like!
2. Never forget your medication with our handy, ergonomic Pill Boxes. Tucked into an attractive case you can keep them discreetly in your bag ready for when you need them on the move.
3. If you're out and about you're going to need somewhere to store your toiletries and where better than in one of our beautiful wash bags! You can even get a matching Cosmetic Purse for your health and beauty essentials.
4. Do you use a walking stick to help you walk? If you're going away for Easter, why not treat yourself to a new Folding Walking Stick from our recently extended range of Walking Sticks and Accessories? Our Folding Walking Sticks and coordinating storage bags are ideal companions for travelling and evenings out. Light weight but sturdy, you can trust them to support you and with our new, matt finish, metalic colours, you'll stand out from the crowd! Easily adjusted for height and simple to fold, they pack away neatly into our stylish Walking Stick Bags, which comprise a handy D-ring so you can hang them up while you sit down to dinner.
5. Don't forget to pack your RADAR key! Gain access to over 9,000 locked Disabled Toilets in the UK! Choose from our wide range of keyrings to make it easier to find and add a personal touch.
HOLIDAY FINDER TOP TIPS!
1. Our friends at Disabled Holidays are the largest specialist travel agency in the UK and have hundreds of packages here and abroad to choose from. http://www.disabledholidays.com/
2. If you’re planning a day out, you can’t do better than to check out your options with Disabled Go. They have been there first and provide detailed access information for well over 125,000 places in the UK and Republic of Ireland http://www.disabledgo.com/
3. Have you a destination in mind but don’t know where to stay? Accomoble have done the research for you, with over 1000 listings in more than 60 countries, there’s bound to be somewhere you’d like to stay… https://www.accomable.com/
4. Disability Holidays Guide can help you find the perfect venue for your specific needs. Their holidays are grouped into different categories of requirements, from Dementia Holidays to Disabled Children’s Holidays, Holidays for the Elderly and Holidays for the blind and many more. You’re bound to find what you’re looking for. http://www.disabilityholidaysguide.com/home.aspx
5. If you’re feeling more adventurous, why not try an activity holiday? There are many options available including cycling, boating, horse riding, kayaking, climbing, canoeing and even circus skills!
Disability Holidays Guide (above) also offer Disabled Activity Holidays, http://www.disabilityholidaysguide.com/disabled-activity-and-adventure-holidays-202.asp
as do The Calvert Trust in Exmoor - Devon, Kielder - Northumberland and in the Lake District http://www.calvert-trust.org.uk/adult-breaks/adult-breaks
Wherever you're heading and whatever you're up to, we wish you a very Happy Easter and Happy Holidays from Blue Badge Co!